CAS No.: 1313-99-1
It is soluble in acid, aqueous ammonia, hot perchloric acid and hot sulfuric acid, insoluble in water and liquid ammonia.
1. Ceramics: Nickel oxide is commonly used in ceramic materials and glazes to impart black or gray colors to the final product.
2. Catalysts: It is utilized as a catalyst in various chemical reactions, such as hydrogenation, oxidation, and reforming processes.
3. Batteries: Nickel oxide is a component in certain types of rechargeable batteries, such as nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) and nickel-cadmium (NiCd) batteries.
4. Gas Sensors: It is employed in gas sensing devices, particularly for detecting reducing gases like carbon monoxide (CO).
5. Fuel Cells: Nickel oxide can be used as an electrode material in solid oxide fuel cells (SOFCs) to facilitate the electrochemical reactions.
6. Optical Applications: It is employed in optical filters and coatings due to its ability to absorb certain wavelengths of light.
Stored in cool and dry warehouse; Keep away from flame and heat.
|Insolubles in HCl||0.4%max||0.4%max||0.4%max||0.3%max|
25kg net. Double plastic bags lined plastic woven sack.