Cobalt Hydroxide

Formula: Co(OH)2

CAS NO.:21041-93-0

M.W.: 92.94


It is a kind of light pink powder, specific gravity 3.597, soluble in acid and ammonium salt solution, insoluble in water and alkali. It reacts with organic acids to form cobalt soap.


Raw materials for cobalt salt manufacture, drying agent of paint and varnish as well as catalyst for hydrogen peroxide decomposition.


Stored in cool and dry warehouse; Keep away from flame and heat.

NO Item Specification
1 Assay (as Co) 61 min.
2 Iron (Fe) 0.014max.
3 Nickel (Ni) 0.3 max.
4 Zinc (Zn) 0.01 max.
5 Manganese (Mn) 0.05 max.
6 Copper (Cu) 0.005 max.
7 Lead (Pb) 0.01 max.


Packaging Sizes

25kg net. Double plastic bags lined plastic woven sack.

What is Cobalt Hydroxide?

Cobalt hydroxide is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula Co(OH)2, and it is light blue or rose-colored powder. This product is insoluble in water, slightly amphoteric, hardly soluble in strong alkali, but soluble in acid and ammonium salt solution. It is mainly used as a colorant for glass and enamel, a raw material for preparing other cobalt compounds, and a desiccant for varnishes and paints.

Spill emergency treatment?

Use personal protective equipment to avoid breathing vapour, mist or gas. Avoid the generation of dust. Ensure adequate ventilation. Evacuate irrelevant personnel to a safe area. Do not allow product to enter drains. Sweep up and shovel up spilled chemical and place in suitable closed container for disposal. Collect and dispose of without generating dust.

Operation attention?

Avoid breathing dust, fume, gas, mist, vapor, spray.
Cleanse skin thoroughly after handling.
Do not eat, drink or smoke while using this product.
Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
Wear protective gloves, eye protection, and face protection when handling.

The emergency measures?

Consult a doctor. Show this safety data sheet to the doctor on site.
Inhalation: Remove victim to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. Consult a doctor.
Skin Contact: Wash with soap and plenty of water. Consult a doctor.
Eye Contact: Rinse thoroughly with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and consult a doctor.
Ingestion: Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Rinse mouth with water. Consult a doctor.